Archivist, libraries, government agencies, estates have old historical documents that need to be preserved.
Many households have old photos, estate photos that need to be preserved. These old photos, archival text and pictures need to be preserved future access.
There is a need to share these documents and records. However, sharing the original will damage the documents and will make it hard to preserve. Multiple people can’t have access to the same original making it hard to share.
SIMS Hawaii can help scan and digitize these precious historical documents.
We have 25+ years of expertise with document scanning services. We can help clients across multiple industries efficiently improve their processes, thereby saving both time and money.
On-site or off-site, our solutions are based on modern technology to insure accuracy, security, and quality. We have helped estates scan photos. Religious organizations scan their one and only copy of their historical books/manuscripts.
On-site or off-site, our dedicated team is accountable to you
Our process includes:
- Free consultation
- Strict inventory control
- Scanning preparation by experienced technicians, page by page:
- Removal of paper clips, staples, tape, with attention to the integrity of the original information;
- Preparation for scanning.
- Scanning - Utilize high speed, state of the art production scanners to image the documents. Retain originals.
- Quality check - A page by page review to insure accurate results and insure fidelity to the original records.
- Cost effective indexing or file naming, using proven technology to accomplish your indexing and OCR service needs.
- Manually review the indexing process for accuracy.
- Export to desired format - Images are converted to customer specified file formats for storage and retrieval.
- Upon completion the original documents can be returned for preservation.